Deutsch LA, the Los Angeles-based advertising agency is proud to announce the return of Blackness in Full Bloom. Launched in February 2020 as a Black History Month initiative, Blackness in Full Bloom is a free brand-building program designed to help and amplify black owned businesses. Deutsch LA will give you the tools to success through trainings in strategy, design, production, and media. Are you ready to take your business to the next level? Are you ready to see instant growth in your business profits? Are you ready to Bloom? Applications are open now.
Little Dom’s annual Mardi Gras Feast is back with Cajun and Creole-inspired dishes ($6+)! New Orleans native Chef Brandon Boudet has prepared a menu that will have you thinking you’re down on the Bayou. Get ready to sink your teeth into Shrimp, Chicken & Andouille Gumbo, Pork Cracklins with Steens Cane Syrup Hot Sauce, Soft Shell Crab Po Boy, Beignets w/ Raspberry Sauce and much more! Available for dine in during dinner only. In addition, on Monday night, Little Dom’s will be offering a three-course Monday Night Supper ($25). The Southern supper features Fried Green Tomato, Pan Fried Pork Chop & Dirty Rice and Banana Cream Pie. Monday – Tuesday, 5 – 10:00 pm; 2128 Hillhurst Avenue Los Angeles, CA 90027; 323.661.0055
Mardi Gras in L.A.
Can’t make it to New Orleans, but still want to spend Mardi Gras feasting on all things sweet, spicy and spiked? L.A. may not stand for Louisiana, but that doesn’t mean we don’t celebrate Mardi Gras like they do in the Bayou. Many of your favorite L.A. hot spots are offering special menus, drink specials, live music and entertainment in honor of the holiday.
- Black Angus Steakhouse: America’s original steak house Black Angus is bringing back customer favorite, Square Cow Coolers for Fat Tuesday. The refreshing cocktail is made with Absolut Mandarin Vodka, Malibu Coconut Rum, pineapple and cranberry juice. Pair your drink with Black Angus’ popular Steakhouse Starters, such as the Three Cheese Garlic Bread and Loaded Potato Skins. It’s Mardi Gras and you’re supposed to be spoiled. Go all the way, and treat yourself to the Steak with Free Lobster Tail special, and the decadent Sky-High Mud Pie. $17+; various hours
- SOL Mexican Cocina: Inspired by coastal Baja California, SOL Mexican Cocina features a menu of fresh, healthy Mexican food, lovingly made from scratch. SOL is the perfect place to indulge and celebrate Mardi Gras. Menu highlights include the Taco Vampiro, The Bumble Bee Sting Margarita, and the 7 Deadly Sins Special, a chocolate bread pudding stuffed with vanilla bean ice cream, dipped and deep-fried in Coca-Cola batter, and served with three dulce sauces, whipped cream, white chocolate, salted candied pecan bits, and a chocolate cookie. Are you drooling yet? $10+; various hours
- Solita Tacos: For Mardi Gras, enjoy Solita’s Southern California’s laid-back lifestyle and delicious specialty tacos. For the holiday, Solita’s suggests ordering the Fried Tacos de Toro, Queso al Forno made with bubbling Mexican cheeses, green onion, serrano chiles, and served with warm tortillas with the choice of pork belly or carne asada, Margaritas, and the must-have Deep-Fried Ice Cream. $10+; various hours
- The Original Farmers Market: Mardi Gras is this week, and The Original Farmers Market is celebrating with live entertainment, crafts, and delicious Cajun cooking from The Gumbo Pot. Did someone say beignets…? Free (+ the cost of food); Tuesday, 5:30 – 7:30 pm; 6333 W. Third St., Los Angeles, CA 90036; 323.933.9211
- Phat Tuesday: It wouldn’t be Fat Tuesday without a good ol’ seafood boil of Lobster, Shrimp and Crab. Your Phat Tuesday ticket includes the Seafood Boil, a Slice of King Cake, & 1 Cocktail. Please note this is an outdoor event, and proof of vaccination is required upon entry. $35; Tuesday, 6:30 – 10:00 pm; address to be given upon confirmation of ticket; Los Angeles, CA 90026
In the basement of the West Hollywood EDITION, lays modern clubhouse, Sunset. The Studio 54 inspired venue is known as, “A subterranean haven for the creatures of the night,” with a focus on music, cocktails. You never know what celebs you will see at the sexy lounge. Diplo, Janelle Monae, Kelis and legendary diva Chaka Khan have all been known to stop by. Thursday, 10:00 pm – 2:00 am; The West Hollywood EDITION – 1090 N. Doheny Dr., West Hollywood, CA, 424.310.1592