Los Angeles Weekend Roundup
Plant-Based Favorite Monty’s Good Burger Holds Pop-Up at BEYOND THE STREETS
BEYOND THE STREETS has unveiled its collaboration with celebrity loved vegan burger joint, Monty’s Good Burger for a treats pop-up at the L.A. flagship gallery. BEYOND THE STREETS is an “art-driven cultural and educational movement that showcases the best of contemporary and emerging artists, with a focus on graffiti and street art creators.” Currently the gallery is displaying EXHIBIT, the world’s largest Beastie Boys exhibition detailing the forty year history of the hip hop group through a collection of personal items, artifacts and ephemera, much of which has never been seen by the public. Come for the show and enjoy a sweet treat from Monty’s Good Burger. Choose from Vanilla and Chocolate Soft Serve available in a cup or waffle cone, with a variety of festive toppings such as candy cane crumbles and mini marshmallows. Various prices; 434 N. La Brea Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90036
Inflation Buster: Catalina’s Best of Winter Deals are Back
Looking for a winter escape from Los Angeles? Head to Catalina. Famous for its Mediterranean vibe, outdoor activities, and open spaces, Catalina Island is the perfect place to get away from L.A. without having to deal with all the traveling hassles of airports and flying. In honor of the season, the Catalina Express is offering the annual Best of Winter Packages, including round trip boat transportation for two, and up to 50% off hotel accommodations.
- Aurora Hotel: Sophisticated, modern and crisp, the Aurora Hotel has a winter package including round-trip boat transportation aboard the Catalina Express for two, a two-night stay, and complimentary breakfast. Valid for stays Sundays – Thursdays, through 3/17. Based on availability, minimum 2-night stay and some restrictions may apply. $199; 137 Marilla Ave, Avalon, CA 90704; 310.510.0454
- Bellanca Hotel: Come to Catalina and stay at the Bellanca Hotel, Catalina’s only island resort. Your package includes ferry transport, midweek accommodations, a bottle of sparkling wine, and a round-trip taxi from the boat landing and hotel. Based on availability. $309+ (2 guests/double occupancy); 111 Crescent Ave., Avalon, CA 90704; 310.510.0555
- Catalina Canyon Inn: Located just minutes from downtown Avalon, Catalina, Catalina Canyon Inn’s Best of Winter package consists of round-trip transportation aboard the Catalina Express for two, complimentary shuttle transportation, and access to the hotel’s heated swimming pool. You must travel to Catalina Sundays – Thursdays and return Mondays – Fridays through 3/17. Based on availability, some restrictions may apply. Book the Long Beach and San Pedro package or Dana Point package via the hotel’s website. $139; 888 Country Club Dr., Avalon, California 90704; 310.510.0325
- Hotel Vista Del Mar: Recognized as one of Avalon’s leading hotels, Hotel Vista Del Mar’s winter special includes, round-trip boat transportation aboard the Catalina Express for two, a luxurious midweek stay at Hotel Vista Del Mar, and a continental breakfast & evening milk & cookies. Offer is valid for stays through 3/17, Sundays – Thursdays. Subject to availability. Rate is based on a two-night stay in a Courtyard Room and round-trip boat transportation for two on the Catalina Express from Long Beach/San Pedro. Packages are based on double occupancy and cannot be applied to existing reservations. Transportation from Dana Point will be an additional $4 per person. All stays require a 2-night minimum. Holidays/Special events require a 3-night minimum. $148+; 417 Crescent Ave., Avalon, CA 90704; 310.510.1452
- Mt Ada: Be treated like royalty at Mt Ada. For the season, the 4-star property offers round-trip boat transportation aboard the Catalina Express for two, a golf cart for your personal use for the duration of your stay, made-to-order breakfast, and lunch, as well as evening wine and hors-d’oeuvre receptions. This package is valid for stays Sundays – Thursdays through 3/17. Based on availability. $303+; 398 Wrigley Rd, Avalon, CA 90704; 877.778.8322
On Sale Now: (3/3 – 3/5): Hip Hop Music Festival Rolling Loud Returns to Los Angeles This Spring
The Rolling Loud hip hop music festival makes its return to Los Angeles this Spring. This year’s three-day concert will take place on the Hollywood Park Grounds adjacent to So-Fi Stadium. The lineup includes some of the biggest names in hip hip, including, Travis Scott, Future, Playboi Carti, Saweetie, City Girls, and special guest Lil Wayne. $329+; 3/3 – 3/5; Hollywood Park Grounds adjacent to So-Fi Stadium – 1001 Stadium Dr., Inglewood, CA 90301;305.570.6540; LOUDCLUB@RollingLoud.com
Los Angeles Celebrates the Holidays
Looking for ways to celebrate the holidays in Los Angeles? We’ve got your list of Christmas and holiday activities, Christmas movie and cocktail pairings, holiday dining, and the perfect gift guide for everyone on your list.
- The Best Christmas and Holiday Activities in Los Angeles
- Holiday Dining in Los Angeles: Where to Eat for Christmas, Hanukkah, and Holiday Cocktails
- Holiday Sip and Screen: 8 Christmas Movie and Cocktail Pairings
- hoopLA’s 2022 Holiday Gift Guide
Deluxe 1717 Launches Weekend Brunch and Expands Dinner Hours
Deluxe 1717 recently expanded the dinner hours and now offers a delicious weekend brunch. Chef Onil Chibás and his chef-collaborator Alberto Morales have curated an eclectic menu highlighting their diverse heritages. Chibás is Afro-Cuban, Morales is Bolivian, and the pastry chef, Cherry Aguilar, is Filipina. The vibrant menu deliciously reflects this multicultural mix. Highlights include Pilipino Lumpia, Shrimp Tacos Al Pastor, Squid Ink Bucatini, and Plantains. The new weekend brunch menu features Brisket Huevos Rancheros, German Chocolate Pancakes, Fried Shrimp Po’Boy, and the fan-favorite Cuban Sandwich with house-smoked pork belly. Hungry yet? $18+; Thursdays – Saturdays, 5 – 10:00 pm, and Saturdays – Sundays, 10:00 am – 2:30 pm (brunch); 1717 E Washington Blvd, Pasadena, CA 91104; 626.797.1717
World Cup Viewing at Brooklyn Ave. Pizza Co.
It’s Sunday Funday AND the finals of the World Cup! To celebrate, one of our favorite pizza joints is hosting a watch party to see Argentina take on France. If you haven’t been to Brooklyn Ave. Pizza Co. yet, this place is awesome. It’s basically a yummy pizzeria and sports bar rolled into one. The menu features tasty pizzas, seasoned fries, wings, salads, beers, wines, and craft cocktails. Gooooooal! $12+; Sunday, 7:00 am; 2706 E. Cesar E. Chavez Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90033; 323.968.1106