Great White Opens in Larchmont
The popular Venice cafe is now open in Larchmont Village. The all-day menu features dishes made with seasonal, organic produce from Californian farmers. Menu highlights include: smoothies, salads, sandwiches and burgers. $18+; Monday – Sunday, 8:00 am – 10: 00 pm; 244 N. Larchmont Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90004; 424.744.8403
Brittany Howard and Guests at the Hollywood Bowl
This Saturday, the Hollywood Bowl invites you to enjoy the sweet sounds of Grammy Award-winning singer Brittany Howard, singer/songwriter Jamila Woods, and producer/singer Georgia Anne Muldrow. $15 – $133; Saturday, 6:30 pm (Doors Open), 8:00 pm (Concert); 2301 N. Highland Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90068; 323.850.2000
Saturday is National Cheeseburger Day and these restaurants are offering cheeseburger specials to commemorate the delicious holiday.
- Messhall Kitchen: Pair your juicy cheeseburger with a smokey cocktail on National Cheeseburger Day. Messhall’s decadent Mess Burger is made with house-made smoky sauce, caramelized onions, cheddar and pickles, all stacked on a beautiful brioche bun. Their Teeling Single Grain Smoked Old-Fashioned cocktail is crafted with Teeling Single Grain Irish Whiskey, sugar, angostura bitters, orange oil, & smoked with wood chips straight from the whiskey barrel! $18+; Saturday, 11:00 am – 10:00 pm; 4500 Los Feliz Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90027; 323.660.6377
- Theía: West Hollywood Greek restaurant Theía welcomes guests to savor their lamb patty Theía Burger. Their take on the classic cheeseburger is made with a high-quality 50/50 lamb and beef blend and includes freshly made tzatziki, lettuce, tomato, and onion on a toasted brioche bun. $15+; Saturday, 10:30 am – 12:00 am; 8048 W. 3rd. St., Los Angeles CA, 90048; 323.591.0059
- Flower Burger: Italy’s newest import is the delicious vegan eatery Flower Burger. Celebrate National Cheeseburger Day with one of their colorful, savory plant-based burgers made with all-natural, vegan ingredients. Add their signature Potato Wedges and Chocolate Salami to complete your meal. Pickup and delivery only. $9.95+; Saturday, 11:30 am – 10:30 pm; 6029 1/2 Venice Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90034; 323.452.9228
- Playa Provisions: Playa Provisions, the unique restaurant concept from Top Chef & Tournament of Champions winner Brooke Williamson and her husband, Nick Roberts, are bringing back the beloved Pretzel Burger for National Cheeseburger Day. Made with ½ lb aged rib-eye beef, caramelized onions, poppy seed slaw, and aged cheddar on a pretzel bun, this burger ($12) pairs perfectly with a trio of beers (+$15) for a Burger & Beer Special. Saturday, 7:30 am – 10:00 pm; 119 Culver Blvd, Playa Del Rey, CA 90293; 310.683.5019
- Las Brisas: Las Brisas, the Baja-inspired Laguna Beach restaurant welcomes you to sink your teeth into their Cheeseburger. The simple yet high quality Cheeseburger comes with: onion, lettuce, tomato, pickles, melted cheddar, and served with French fries. $21; Saturday, 8:00 am – 11:00 pm; 361 Cliff Dr., Laguna Beach, CA 92651; 949.497.5434
- Slapfish: Add some surf to your turf at modern seafood shack Slapfish. The Surf N Turf Burger features a griddled beef patty smothered with: lobster, cheese, caramelized onions and Old Bay potato chips. Yes please! Saturday; Various hours and locations
- Black Angus: In honor of National Cheeseburger Day, Black Angus wants you to try their mouthwatering Steakhouse Bacon Cheeseburger. This sandwich is made with a half-pound CAB® ground chuck and stacked with applewood-smoked bacon, cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles, and topped with onion rings. $17.50; Saturday; Various hours and locations
- Islands: Specializing in gourmet burgers, Islands is the perfect place to celebrate National Cheeseburger Day. Complete your meal by combining your burger with their Fresh-Cut Fries, Truffle Fries or the new Ghost Pepper Fries! $13.95+; Saturday; Various hours and locations
Americana in the Park 2021 Concert Series
The City of Santa Monica and McCabe’s Guitar Shop have come together for a weekly Sunday concert series in Gandara Park. Americana in the Park “Explores the breadth of Americana music and its roots in traditional African, Appalachian, blues and bluegrass, as well as its modern forms of folk and country music.” Each concert will feature two musical groups, starting with Djeliba Baba the Storyteller and the Masanga Marimba Ensemble. Free; Sundays (Through October 10th), 3 – 6:00 pm; Gandara Park – 1819 Stewart St., Santa Monica, CA 90404
Those flower burgers look interesting. Not sure how they taste but they look different.