Friday is National Tequila Day!
- SOL Mexican Cocina features over 100 tequila and mezcal labels, and is offering a special cocktail, just for National Tequila Day—The Summer Wind made with Casa Noble Reposado, white peach, lime, and agave. Friday, Hours vary; 251 Pacific Coast Highway, Newport Beach, CA 92660; 949.675.9800 and 12775 Millenium Dr, #160, Playa Vista, CA 90094; 424.289.066
- Solita Tacos & Margaritas celebrates National Tequila Day with new cocktail, The Summer Wind made with Casa Noble Reposado, white peach, lime, and agave. Friday, Hours vary; 7631 Edinger Avenue, Huntington Beach, CA 92647; 714.894.2792 and 24201 Valencia Blvd. STE. 3470, Valencia, CA 91355; 661.291.1399
- In honor of National Tequila Day, El Torito and Acapulco are serving the Pineapple Jamaica Margarita made with Patrón Reposado, hibiscus, pineapple, lime, and agave. Friday; Various Hours and Locations (El Torito), Various Hours and Locations (Acapulco)
Outdoor Dining Spaces
- Casa Vega transformed their parking lot into a tented lush patio with 25 socially distanced tables and string lighting . Reservations recommended. Daily; 11:30 am-3:30 (lunch), 4:30 pm-12:00 am (dinner); 13301 Ventura Blvd, Sherman Oaks, CA 91423; 818.788.4868
- Playa Provisions has debuted a brand new, outdoor patio in their spacious parking lot with socially distant tables and umbrellas. Come for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, as well as weekend brunch. 119 Culver Blvd, Playa del Rey, CA, 90293; 310.683.5019
- Urban Plates has expanded outdoor dining patios at all their So Cal locations. Additional tables have been set up on sidewalks, parking spots and other vacant outdoor spaces to offer beautiful courtyard areas for a larger number of guests. Various Hours and Locations.
- Melisse x Citrin debuted a lush new patio behind the restaurant, covered in astroturf with ample plants, umbrellas, socially distanced tables, and more. 1104 Wilshire Blvd., Santa Monica, CA 90401; 310.395.0881
- Several restaurants at the ROW DTLA have expanded their outdoor seating areas to include public promenades and accommodate safe socially distanced outdoor dining. Japanese fried chicken eatery Pikunico will utilize ROW DTLA’s Dock Street. Rappahannock Oyster Bar now has an outdoor patio . Michelin-starred Hayato reopens next week and will serve their famous bento boxes for curbside pick-up. 777 S. Alameda St, Los Angeles, CA 90021
Impasta launches a low carb, keto friendly Cauliflower Rice Bowl! The delicious meal consists of roasted cauliflower rice, seasonal grilled veggies and a choice of protein (chicken, shrimp, or tofu). Now you can eat “pasta” without all carbs and gluten. $12+; 10: 00 am – 10: 00 pm; delivery available on Postmates, ChowNow, UberEats, DoorDash, GrubHub, and Caviar
RuPaul’s Drag Race winners Jaida Essence Hall along with fan favorites Gigi Goode, Naomi Smalls, Violet Chachki and more will be at the Rose Bowl for a live concert – Drive ‘N Drag. Attendees will get the live theatrical experience from the safety of inside or on top of their cars. Friday – August 2; $60 – $139
Lady Gaga said to “Just Dance” and that’s exactly what the Los Angeles Ballet is going to teach us to do. Once a month, LAB will host A Chance to Dance. This outreach offers FREE ballet classes, alternative dance/fitness classes, and lectures/demonstrations. $0; Sunday, 11:00 am – 12:30 pm; Instagram Live @chancetodancela
The Glenmark Hotel is now open! A part of the Marriott International Tribute Portfolio, the Glenmark features features 85 guest rooms; signature restaurant, rooftop bar; Intelligentsia Coffee Roasters; a lobby bar; fitness center and a massive indoor and outdoor meeting and event space. Reservations required. 1100 N Brand Blvd, Glendale, CA 91202; 818.900.2701