Los Angeles Weekend Roundup
Last Chance to See Exhibitions at albertz benda and Friedman Benda Los Angeles
Located steps from the famous Chateau Marmont, albertz benda Los Angeles and Friedman Benda Los Angeles welcome you to their unique West Hollywood galleries, where art and design collide. The two galleries have conceived a unique joint space in LA that “will be a platform for the visual arts, craft, and design.” This isn’t your typical stuffy gallery. Instead, the shared space is housed within a beautiful West Hollywood home that is edgy yet warm and relaxed. Friday – Saturday, 10:00 am – 6:00 pm; 8260 Marmont Lane, Los Angeles, CA 90069; 212.239.8700
- albertz benda Los Angeles Presents the Group Exhibition Do You See Me: This group exhibition features a brilliant sextet of young artists, including Dustin Harwood, Lanise Howard, Larissa De Souza, Natalie Wadlington, Robert Peterson, and Sydnie Jimenez. Via each artist’s chosen medium, this ensemble show represents the ongoing curiosity surrounding identity through painting, sculpting, and collage. In addition, the sextet employs a powerful imagination to investigate their own subjectivities while embracing the embodiment of trying to advance social, political, and theoretical concerns. Tuesdays – Saturdays (through 3/18), 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Friedman Benda Los Angeles Presents Ebitenyefa Baralaye’s Making Space: Tracing Tomorrow: Ebitenyefa Baralaye’s solo debut, Making Space: Tracing Tomorrow, is a calculated and intuitive show offering viewers a look into Baralaye’s exploration of the Black Diaspora through a collection of contemporary works by the sculptor and ceramicist. Presenting three distinct bodies of work, the exhibition reflects Baralaye’s personal negotiation of and concern with the fragmented and transitional presence of the Black diaspora. The up-and-coming artist explores cultural, spiritual, and material forms, texts, and symbols interpreted through a diaspora lens and abstracted through an extensive education in craft and design. Tuesdays – Saturdays (through 3/18), 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
Last Chance to See FRAMA and Terminal27 Exhibitions at Galerie Murphy
This weekend is your last chance to visit the FRAMA and Terminal27 exhibitions at Galerie Murphy in DTLA. The high-design curation includes iconic pieces such as an un-release collaborative room divider with Uma Wang, as well as limited edition pieces made in collaboration with Hender Scheme. A curated shop in the adjacent space will have a selection of St. Pauls Apothecary Shop and soft goods for sale. Various prices; Friday – Saturday, 12 – 6:00 pm; 620 Imperial St. Los Angeles, CA 90021; 310.909.9666
Tickets Are On Sale for Drake’s “All A Blur Tour” Featuring 21 Savage
Drake is coming to LA this summer on the “All A Blur Tour” with special guest 21 Savage. The Started From the Bottom rapper is giving us four opportunities to see him live on stage.
- $499+; 8/12 – 8/13, 7:00 pm; Kia Forum – 3900 W. Manchester Blvd, Inglewood, CA 90305; 310.862.6200
- $499+; 8/21 – 8/22, 7:00 pm; Crypto.com Arena – 1111 S. Figueroa St, Los Angeles, CA 90015; 213.742.7100
Caldo Verde Partners with Katie Parla to Bring Food of the Italian Islands to Los Angeles
Caldo Verde is excited to announce that Suzanne Goin and team will partner with acclaimed Rome-based author, television and podcast host, journalist, culinary guide, and educator Katie Parla for a special lunch today. The special menu highlights the New York Times best-selling author’s most recent release. It also marks the signature restaurant’s first book lunch event as part of an ongoing event series spotlighting chefs, restaurateurs, and food connoisseurs from around the globe that have inspired Goin and Styne throughout the years. The menu features Insalata di Carciofi e Bottarga, Fregola con Arselle (toasted couscous with clams, white wine, garlic rapini), Coniglio all’ Ischitana (braised rabbit in the style of ischia), Torta Caprese + Granita di Mandorla (capri’s flourless almond cake + almond granita), and more Italian delights. $45; Friday, 11:30 am – 2:30 pm; Downtown LA Proper Hotel – 1100 S. Broadway, Los Angeles, CA 90015; 213.806.1023
North Italia’s Month-Long Pi Day Campaign is Just What We Kneaded
Modern Italian concept North Italia is thrilled to announce the launch of the new Pi Day campaign featuring a lineup of 15 specialty pizzas available for a full month at locations nationwide. Beginning Pi Day and available through 4/10, each of North Italia’s Los Angeles locations will debut a La Birria Pizza inspired by the popular Mexican style birria taco with braised beef and a consommé dipping broth to taste like a home cooked meal! The pizza is made with fresh, seasonal ingredients including Oaxaca cheese, smoked mozzarella, short rib birria, pickled onions and guajillo salsa. $18; Various hours and locations
Los Angeles Celebrates St. Patty’s Day
It’s St. Patty’s Day and LA is celebrating with special menus, bar crawls, drink specials, live music and more.
- Beachside Restaurant & Bar (Jamaica Bay Inn): Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day at Jamaica Bay Inn’s signature restaurant, Beachside Restaurant & Bar. Menu highlights include Shepherd’s Pie-ground beef in gravy with a cheesy mash crust $30, Whiskey Porkchop- Grilled pork chop served with a creamy whiskey sauce accompanied by fingerling potatoes. $35, Beer Braised Short Ribs- Short Ribs served with a demi, baby carrots, and mash potatoes $40, Irish Coffee with Slane Irish Whiskey, demerara, coffee, topped with house made vanilla cream $16, Tipsy Irishman with Slane Irish Whiskey, Sweet Vermouth, Green Chartreuse $16, Hot Toddy with Slane Whiskey, lemon juice, honey, cloves $16, and Guinness and shot of Slane Irish Whiskey $20. Friday, 4 – 10:00 pm; Jamaica Bay Inn – 4175 Admiralty Way, Marina del Rey, CA 90292; 310.823.5333
- Grandmaster Recorders: Grandmaster Recorders invites you to a rooftop St. Patrick’s Day party with music by the EC Twins. Dress to impress, and remember, you will be pinched if you’re not wearing green. Free entry with RSVP; Friday, 300 pm – 2:00 am; 1518 North Cahuenga Boulevard Los Angeles, CA 90028; 323.963.7800
- Hollywood St. Patrick’s Day Pub Crawl: Hollywood is hosting its annual Tinseltown St. Patrick’s Day pub crawl featuring $4 drafts, 2-for-1 Mixers, $5 Shots, dancing, and more! Check in at Cabo Cantina from 2 – 8:00 pm to get your map and list of specials.
- Luck of the Irish Party at I|O Godfrey: Celebrate the Luck of the Irish with a St. Patty’s Day rooftop party at I|O. The evening includes a buffet ($25), specialty cocktails ($12), live DJ, and more. Free admission; The Godfrey Hotel – 1400 Cahuenga Boulevard Los Angeles, CA 90028; 323.762.1000
- The Original Farmers Market: Come to the Original Farmers Market for a St. Patrick’s Day filled with must-have Irish eats and drinks, and Celtic entertainment. Free entry; Friday, 9:00 am – 9:00 pm; 6333 W. Third Street, Los Angeles, CA 90036; 323.933.9211
- St. Penmar’s Day Festival on the Green: The largest St. Patty’s Day party on the westside is hitting The Penmar Golf Course this St. Patrick’s Day. Shenanigans will include a Green Beer Garden, live music from Jack of Hearts (Bob Dylan Tribute Band), Johnny Marfa & The Lights, a special bagpipe performance by City of Angels Pipe Band, DJs, Bushmills VIP Lounge (21+), whiskey tastings, food & drink specials, bagpipes, face painting, giveaways, costume contests, photo booth, beer pong, cornhole, and so much more! $20+; Friday, 2 – 11:00 pm; 1233 Rose Avenue Los Angeles, CA 90291; 310.396.6228
- Kiss Me, I’m Irish! Santa Monica St. Patrick’s Bar Crawl: Barcrawlerz hosts a two-day Santa Monica St. Paddy’s Day bar crawl, with drink specials at your favorite Santa Monica bars. The crawl goes to Britannia Pub, Barney’s Beanery, Cabo Cantina, Cult, Lanea, and the Santa Monica Whaler. Check in at Britannia Pub on Friday, 6 – 11:00 pm and Saturday, 2 – 8:00 pm to get your wristband and map with participating bars, their locations, and their drink specials. $25 – $75
- Friday, 6:00 pm – 2:00 am
- Saturday, 2:00 pm – 2:00 am
- Lucky’s St. Patrick’s Day Crawl: The 6th Annual Lucky’s St. Patrick’s Day Crawl is back this weekend with another epic bar crawl. Get ready for two days of fun, with a welcome shot, drink and food specials, professional photographer, and more. Check in at Cabo Cantina from 4 – 7:00 pm. The crawl includes: Barney’s Beanery, Britannia Pub, Cabo Cantina, Cult, Jameson’s Irish Pub, and Lanea. $20 – $25 (Your ticket is valid for BOTH DAYS); Friday and Saturday, 4:00 pm – 12:00 am
- Santa Monica St. Patrick’s Day Pub Crawl: Head to Santa Monica and join the two-day St. Patrick’s Day Pub Crawl Party. For two days, enjoy $4 drafts, 2-for-1 drinks, $5 shots, dancing, and loads of fun. Registration begins at: Barney’s Beanery OR Circle Bar from 3 – 8:00 pm where you will get a map with the bar locations in Santa Monica and when they’re participating in the drink specials.
- Tom Bergin’s St. Patrick’s Fest: Tom Bergin’s the oldest Irish tavern in LA welcomes you to St. Patrick’s Day Fest. Guests can expect an outdoor tented lot party, 3 outdoor bars, live bagpipe performance, DJ, and more! Free entry; Friday, 6:00 am – 1:00 am; 840 S. Fairfax Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90036; 323.936.7151
Stranger Things The Experience
Travel to the Upside Down and enjoy a one-of-a-kind immersive adventure at Stranger Things The Experience. Relive some of your favorite moments from the hit Netflix show, and pose for photo ops in the 37,000 sq. ft. space located just 15 minutes from DTLA. $39+; Fridays, 4- 9:00 pm and Saturdays – Sundays, 10:30 am – 9:00 pm; 1345 N. Montebello Blvd, Montebello, CA 90640
The Best Bottomless Brunches in Los Angeles
Here in LA, booze and brunch go together like peas and carrots. Whether you want Waffles, Eggs, or Avocado Toast, nothing complements your meal like an ice-cold cocktail, especially if that glass is endless. But where can you find these brunches with bottomless cocktails and tasty bites? Don’t stress; I got you. I’m here to give you a list of the best bottomless brunches in Los Angeles. So all you have to do is grab a cute brunch outfit and your date, and get ready to indulge in fun, good food, and drinks. Cheers!
Pacifica Hotels Kicks Off New Executive Chef’s 10-Course Brunch
Pacifica Hotels is introducing a new Executive Chef’s 10-course brunch dining experience at select California properties. Participating Los Angeles properties include SALT at Marina del Rey Hotel ($80), The Rooftop at The Wayfarer DTLA ($69), Beachside Restaurant & Bar at Jamaica Bay Inn ($55), and Second Story at The Belamar (various prices). Saturdays – Sundays, various hours and locations
LA County High School For The Arts Presents Future Arts Gala!
Tonight, LA County High School for the Arts (LACHSA), the number one arts high school in America, is hosting its 6th Annual Future Artists Gala. The event will take place at the AVALON Hollywood, one of Hollywood’s most historic landmarks, spotlighting special celebrity guests, exciting student performances, exclusive auction items from internationally renowned LACHSA artists, once-in-a-lifetime experiences, cocktails, delectable food, and much more! The Future Artists Gala will feature world-class entertainment by some of the most talented student artists in LA County in music, theatre, cinematic arts, dance, and visual arts. LACHSA alum Corbin Bleu (High School Musical and the Tony-nominated Kiss Me Kate on Broadway) will be the host for the evening. Tony Barbieri from Jimmy Kimmel Live! will serve as live auction host. Tony®, EMMY®, and four-time GRAMMY®-nominated LACHSA alum Josh Groban will be honored with the LACHSA Luminary Award and Warner Bros. Television Group Chairman and CEO, Channing Dungey, will be honored with the LACHSA Arts Advocate Award. This incredible evening will also feature a special performance by LACHSA alum Michael Fitzpatrick of Fitz and the Tantrums. Renowned actor, writer, and LACHSA Foundation Board Member, Melina Kanakaredes is this year’s event producer. The event raises funds to directly support the tuition-free arts education and programming at LA County High School for the Arts. $250+; Saturday, 6:30 pm; Avalon – 1735 Vine St, Los Angeles, CA 90028; 323.462.8900
(3/23) and (4/20): SALT Introduces Boozy Monthly Drink Series
SALT invites you to celebrate the creators of some of the top spirits, wines, and brews with the Meet Your Makers Series. Each month, the Meet Your Makers series offers the food & drink connoisseurs (or those who just want a nice night out on the town!) the chance to enjoy delicious aperitifs and learn what it takes to create a world-renowned liqueur, wine, and beer. Each event will offer vastly different food offerings paired with the highlighted drink to ensure that epicureans have a unique experience each time. 3/23, and 4/20; 13534 Bali Way, Marina Del Rey, CA 90292; 424.289.8223
- (3/23): Let the Good Times Be(Gin) with Sipsong Spirits: In honor of International Women’s Month, meet the makers behind Sipsong Spirits, a female-founded brand changing the spirit space. $91.59; 3/23, 7:00 pm
- (4/20): Flights and Bites with Tooth & Nail Winery: Become an oenophile for the evening with tasty treats and pairings, featuring Paso Robles-based Tooth & Nail Wine Company. $104.84; 4/20, 7:00 pm
(3/24): Sipsong Spirits Gin Cocktails & Canapés at The Wayfarer DTLA
In honor of Women’s History Month, The Wayfarer DTLA is teaming up with female-founded Sipsong Spirits for a Meet Your Makers experience featuring gin cocktails and canapés on 3/24 on The Rooftop. The 21+ event will feature three cocktails featuring Sipsong Spirits Indira Gin, a selection of chef-curated bites, and a take-home souvenir. Guests will have the opportunity to meet the makers behind the female-founded brand and dive into the history of Sipsong Spirits’ floral-inspired gin. $92.21; 3/24, 7:00 pm; The Wayfarer DTLA – 813 Flower Street Los Angeles, CA 90017; 213.285.4400
(3/25): Benny Boy Brewing 1st Anniversary Party
Benny Boy Brewing turns 1, and to celebrate, the brewery/cider house is hosting an all day party with pop-up food vendors Correa’s Mariscos, dumpLins, Shappy Pretzel, River Street BBQ, and Quarantine Pizza. Entertainment will be provided by a live band and DJs, and there will be mechanical bull rides, too ($5)! Free entry with RSVP; Saturday (3/25), 12 – 11:45 pm; 1821 Daly St, Los Angeles, CA 90031
(3/25): Spring Cooking Class and Dining Experience at Jean-Georges Beverly Hills
Jean-Georges Beverly Hills will host their seasonal cooking class and dining experience as part of the Spring Taste Series, featuring an intimate live demonstration of two signature Spring dishes, led by Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills’ executive chefs. Menu and recipe highlights will include a Kinilaw Yellowtail Sashimi and an Avocado Soufflé recipe. A decadent 3-course lunch and summer cocktails will follow the cooking tutorials. $135; Saturday (3/25), 11:00 am – 2:00 pm; Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills – 9850 Wilshire Blvd, Beverly Hills, CA 90210; 800.774.1500
(4/2): The 6th Annual Masters of Taste
Mark your calendars! The 6th annual Masters of Taste is approaching. The premier outdoor luxury food and beverage festival will return to the historic Pasadena Rose Bowl on 4/2 with Chef Michael Reed and Kwini Reed as Hosts. Host Chef Michael Reed is a classically trained chef and restaurateur who has spent 19 years as a chef for restaurants across New York and Los Angeles. Today, Chef Reed is the co-owner and Executive Chef behind two Los Angeles restaurants, Poppy + Rose of Downtown Los Angeles and Anaheim’s Poppy & Seed. In addition to the two concepts, Chef Reed and his wife and co-owner, Kwini Reed, also run an upscale catering company, Root of All Food. 100% of the proceeds will directly benefit Union Station Homeless Services, a non-profit organization celebrating 50 years of providing homeless services and housing for thousands of neighbors. $155 – $225; Sunday (4/2), 3 – 7:00 pm; Pasadena Rose Bowl – 1001 Rose Bowl Drive, Pasadena, CA 91103; 626.791.6677