Los Angeles Weekend Roundup
Corner Bakery is excited to announce the opening of a new store in West L.A. Guests can expect the same delicious, artisan made-to-order breakfast, lunch, and dinner favorites, in addition to some limited-time offerings, including the Hazelnut Cold Brew, Blueberry Topped Pancakes, a variety of new filled Croissants, Wild Berry Trio, and returning favorite Chicken Rosa Pasta. Various prices; Mondays – Sundays, 7:00 am – 7:00 pm; 10759 West Pico Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90064; 424.208.3413
Rock & Brews, the rock-inspired restaurant from the minds of rock icons Paul Stanley and Gene Simmons of KISS, is sure to have you Livin’ on a Prayer all summer long. The rock ‘n’ roll restaurant has partnered with Hampton Water, a wine created by rock legend Jon Bon Jovi and his son Jesse Bongiovi, for the ultimate chilled cocktail. Cool off these hot summer nights with a Hampton Water Frosé, an ice-cold rockin’ cocktail made with Hampton Water Rosé and Rock & Brews’ Signature Margarita Mix. The tasty drink pairs perfectly with Rock & Brews elevated American menu. Various hours and locations; Photo Credit: @archer_inspired
Fridays are for chilled oysters and seafood platters. A+O Restaurant | Bar welcomes the weekend with RAW BAR Fridays. Choose from Kumiai Raw Oysters and Grilled Kumiai Oysters. Add Champagne, Chardonnay, or Pinot Noir to make for the perfect Friday. $21+; Fridays, Balboa Bay Resort – 1221 West Coast Hwy., Newport Beach, CA 92663; 949.645.5000
Magnum Ice Cream and Nails INC invite you to the Magnum Indulgence Studio, a delicious pop-up at the Freehand Hotel. The sweet pairing celebrates the launch of Nails INC’s chocolate-scented nail polishes inspired by the new Magnum Ice Cream Duet Bars. The Magnum Indulgence Studio gives beauty and chocolate lovers a chance to create their own #MagnumMoments with ice cream-inspired manicures and Duet Bar samplings. Free with RSVP; Friday – Saturday, 1 – 7:00 pm; Lobby at Freehand Los Angeles, 416 W. 8th St, Los Angeles, CA 90014; 213.612.0021
Venice Beach yoga studio Love Yoga is bringing complimentary rooftop yoga classes to lifestyle hotel, tommie Hollywood. Start your weekend flowing to a one-hour yoga class with panoramic views of the Hollywood Hills and DTLA. Yoga mats and water will be provided for all attendees. Free with RSVP (please email firstname.lastname@example.org), hotel guests can reserve their spot at the front desk; Saturdays 10:30 am; Tommie Hollywood, 6516 Selma Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90028; 323.871.1234
Nestled in the Burbank Hills sits dining oasis Castaway. With its stunning views and bold, vibrant menu Castaway is one of our favorite go-to brunch spots. New to the brunch menu are the Spiked Milk offerings that feature rum-based breakfast cocktails such as They’re Always After Me Lucky Charms and the Crave Those Crazy Cinnamon Toast Crunch Squares. Pair them with the popular Steak & Egg Benedict and Ariel’s personal favorite, Coconut Shrimp and Waffles. And did we forget to mention Castaway also has bottomless Mimosas! Brunch is served! $13+ (+30 Bottomless Mimosas); Saturdays – Sundays, 11:00 am – 3:00 pm; 1250 E. Harvard Rd, Burbank, CA 91501; 818.848.6691
With its picturesque views, seasonal menus, and craft cocktails, Odyssey is your premier dining destination for a delightful seafood-driven brunch. Highlights include the Crab Cake Benedict and the Smoked Salmon Benedict. Wash down your meal with Odyssey’s bottomless Mimosas, which you can mix and match! Choose from Apple Cider Pumpkin Spice, Dragon Fruit Watermelon, Lavender Activated Charcoal Lemonade, and Signature Orange! $21+, (+25 Bottomless Mimosas); Saturdays – Sundays, 10:30 am – 2:00 pm; 15600 Odyssey Dr., Granada Hills, CA 91344; 818.366.6444
Hilltop Hideaway Orange Hill offers the most memorable brunch with sweeping views of Catalina Island, Downtown Los Angeles, Disneyland’s magical firework show, and our beautiful California coastline. Brunch favorites include the Fruity Pebble Pancakes, the French Toast, Hangover Hash, and Brunchy Smash Burger. Pair brunch with four types of bottomless Mimosas, Dragon Fruit Watermelon, Fresh Cucumber Mint, Lavender Activated Charcoal Lemonade, and Pineapple Jalapeño. $24+ (+30 Bottomless Mimosas); Saturdays – Sundays, 10:00 am – 2:00 pm; 6410 E. Chapman Ave., Orange, CA 92869; 714.997.2910
Giddy up and celebrate National Cowboy Day at Black Angus. To celebrate, America’s original steakhouse is offering food and drink specials, live music, and exclusive merchandise. Come dressed in a cowboy hat, boots, and other western gear and receive $15 off a future purchase. National Cowboy Day specials include The Western Ribeye ($25.99), Square Cow Coolers ($5), Gold Strike Margaritas ($3), Bullseye Brews ($2), and more! Saturday, 12 – 10:00 pm; Various locations
Calling all sushi and sake lovers! Casual California restaurant A+O Restaurant | Bar welcomes you to Sushi + Sake Saturdays. Highlights include Sashimi, the Shrimp Crunchy Roll, Rainbow Roll, Tozai Ginjo, and Heaven’s Junai Sake. $16+; Saturdays, Balboa Bay Resort – 1221 West Coast Hwy., Newport Beach, CA 92663; 949.645.5000
Your So Cal Favorites Celebrate National Tequila Day
If you love tequila as much as we do, you will love these local specials in honor of National Tequila Day!
- Gracias Madre: Grab a top tier tequila flight at Gracias Madre. Each flight ($55) includes, Cazacanes Blanco, Hi Proof Blanco, Reposado, and Anejo as well as their rare Extra Anejo (+ $35) and Joven (+ $20). Another tequila favorite is the Holy Roller Cocktail (Siembra Valles Ancestral, Clarified Lime Cordial, and Hoja Santa ‘No Where Sunkissed and Stargazed’ Justino, $40). Various hours and locations
- Islands Fine Burgers & Drinks: Cool down this National Tequila Day with the limited-time Watermelon Margarita, Islands Signature Margarita, Mangorita, Sunset Margarita, and Margarita Lite. Various prices, hours, and locations
- SOL Mexican Cocina: Looking to try something new? Order the Berries & Blooms (Código 1530 Tequila Rosa Blanco, raspberries, honey, Aperol aperitivo, lime juice). It’s like drinking a bouquet! And you can’t go wrong with SOL’s famous Cucumber Jalapeño Margarita! Various prices, hours, and locations
- Soltia Tacos + Margaritas: Solia’s Watermelon Margarita (Crushed watermelon, 100% blue agave tequila Blanco & fresh lime) is both refreshing and thirst-quenching. Various prices, hours, and locations
- Trejo’s Tacos: Trejo’s offers two variations of Watermelon Margaritas. Trejo’s Hollywood location has a Watermelon Margarita with El Jimador Tequila, Watermelon Purée, Lime Juice, Agave Nectar, Serrano Wheels, and a Watermelon Wedge ($12). The Santa Monica location features a Watermelon Margarita with Agave Wine, Watermelon, Purée, Lime Juice, Agave Nectar, Serrano Wheels, and a Watermelon Wedge ($11). Hollywood and Santa Monica locations
- Las Brisas: The creamy Coco Verde (Casamigos Reposado, coconut, Ancho Reyes Verde, nutmeg) tastes like Christmas in July. $18; 361 Cliff Dr. Laguna Beach, CA 92651; 949.497.5434
It’s National Tequila Day, and several of your favorite L.A. spots are offering specials on Milagro tequila. Known for its “bright, fresh agave flavor and exceptional smoothness, Milagro welcomes you to a brighter side of tequila.”
- Sagebrush Cantina: Come to Sagebrush and enjoy $1 off Milagro specials all weekend long. Various prices and hours; Friday – Sunday; 23527 Calabasas Rd., Calabasas, CA 91302; 818.222.6062
- Pattern Bar: DTLA’s Pattern Bar is offering Milagro specials for $8! Sunday, 4:00 pm – 2:00 am; 100 W. 9th St., Los Angeles, CA 90015; 213.559.2227
- Resident DTLA: Resident will serve Milagro Margaritas at $1 off the regular price. Various prices; Sunday, 12:00 pm – 2:00 am; 428 S. Hewitt St., Los Angeles, CA 90013; 213.628.7503
- Strada Eateria: Add some spice to your life with the Milagro Spicy Margarita for just $12. Sunday, 12 – 10:00 pm; 825 James M Wood Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90015; 213.822.4558
For those who want to celebrate from home, check out these tequila cocktail recipes, courtesy of Milagro.
- 2 Parts Milagro Reposado
- ¾ Part Agave Nectar*
- 1 Part Fresh Lime Juice
- 4 Chunks Pineapple
- 2 Basil Leaves
- Pineapple Slice and Basil Leave for Garnish
- Muddle Pineapple and Basil Leaves in A Boston Shaker.
- Add Remaining Ingredients and Ice.
- Shake Vigorously and Strain Over into a Rocks Glass With Fresh Ice.
- Garnish with Pineapple and Basil.
- *Or Substitute with Simple Syrup at the end of Preparation.
- 2 Parts Milagro Reposado
- ½ Part Fresh Lime Juice
- 2 Dashes Angostura Bitters
- 3 Parts Ginger Beer
- 1 Lime Wheel
- 1 Mint Sprig
- Pour All Ingredients into a Highball Glass with Ice.
- Stir and Garnish with Mint Sprig and a Lime Wheel.
- 1½ Parts Milagro Select Silver
- ½ Part Agave Nectar*
- 1 Part Pink Grapefruit Juice
- ½ Part Fresh Lime Juice
- 3 Parts Sparkling Water
- 1 Pink Grapefruit Wedge
- Pour All Ingredients, Except Sparkling Water, into a Boston Shaker with Ice.
- Shake Vigorously and Strain into a Highball Glass with Fresh Ice.
- Top with Sparkling Water.
- Garnish with Speared Grapefruit Wedge.
- *Or Substitute with Simple Syrup.
Spicy Verde Margarita
- 2 Parts Milagro Silver
- 1 Part Fresh Lime Juice
- ½ Part Serrano Simple Syrup
- 1 Serrano Pepper
- Kosher Salt
- Pour All Ingredients into a Boston Shaker with Ice.
- Shake Vigorously and Strain into a Rocks Glass Over Fresh Ice.
- Garnish with a Serrano Chili and Salted Rim.
- *Find Online or Substitute with Simple Syrup.
Portuguese-inspired restaurant Caldo Verde welcomes you to a delightful Sunday Supper dinner series. Helmed by James Beard Foundation Award-winning chef Suzanne Goin and restaurateur Caroline Stynewarm, Caldo Verde’s Sunday Supper features a pre-fixe menu of Tomato + Watermelon Salad, choice of Grilled Blue Fish or Lamb Sirloin Paillard, and Blue Cornmeal Shortcakes. Feast on mouthwatering plates in the restaurant’s modern atmosphere while viewing vintage artwork and installations from various local artists and creatives. $65 (per person); Sundays, 5 – 10:00 pm, Downtown L.A. Proper Hotel (Ground Floor)- 1100 S. Broadway, Los Angeles, CA 90015; 213.806.1023