LA’s hottest salon Nine Zero One and TRESemmé are joining forces to offer essential workers complimentary color services now through the end of July. Each participant will receive a complimentary color service as well as the new TRESemmé Clear Gloss to take home and keep their new hair color looking vibrant for longer. Book a session to thank the essential worker in your life by calling Nine Zero One and using the code TRESGLOSSES. Free; Monday – Sunday, 10:00 am – 9:00 pm; 901 Westbourne Drive, West Hollywood, CA 90069; 310.855.9099
“That’s Cool! Try & Buy Mart” Pop-Up on Abbot Kinney
This weekend marks the second annual “That’s Cool! Try & Buy Mart” pop-up on Abbot Kinney. The bazaar features an array of food, CBD beverages, home goods, apparel, custom live hat-making and more. Friday – Saturday, 12 – 7 pm; 1306 Abbot Kinney Blvd., Venice, CA 90291
Back by popular demand, Birdie’s Dozen is here for a limited time. The gluten and dairy-free Pickle Chicks are available for on-site dining only. Get ready to sink your teeth into organic chicken brined and coated in rice flour, organic potato flakes, dusted in dehydrated dill pickle powder and served with pickle brine hot sauce. Reservations recommended. Through the 29th. $17+; Sunday – Thursday, 5 – 9:00 pm and Friday – Saturday, 5 – 9:30 pm; 2421 Michigan Ave, Santa Monica, CA 90404; 310.310.3616
Standing-room-only pizza parlor and sister to Milo & Olive now has wine and beer available on-site and for takeout/delivery! Enjoy pizza-friendly wines and awesome craft beers as you indulge in your slices. Add wine and beer to your online takeout or delivery order through ChowNow, DoorDash, Caviar, Uber and Postmates. $15+; Monday – Sunday, 12 – 10:00 pm; 826 Pico Blvd., Santa Monica, CA 90405; 310.392.0706
National Tequila Day Specials and Recipes
- Downtown Santa Monica is celebrating National Tequila Day with a Tequila Cocktail Crawl Block Party at Lanea, Cult and The Craftsman. Each location will offer DJs/live music, $8 featured tequila cocktails, a tequila tasting, and food & drink specials all night. Buy your tickets and get 2 cocktails with the Early Bird special. $25+; 8:00 pm – 2:00 am; Lanea, Cult, The Craftsman – 2nd & Broadway, Downtown Santa Monica
- Cheers to National Tequila Day! Celebrate at vegan restaurant Gracias Madre in West Hollywood with their specialty tequila-based Paloma, the El Tesoro barrel-aged tequila flight, and the exclusive Time Machine Margarita ($100). Choosing to celebrate at home? Gracias Madre has you covered with their canned cocktails. Now through the 31st, use code CANDEMIC2021 to save 50% online. Monday – Sunday, 11:00 am – 10:00 pm; Monday -Friday, 4 – 6:00 pm (Happy Hour); 8905 Melrose Ave., West Hollywood, CA 90069; 323.978.2170
- Riviera 31 Lounge Bar at Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills is serving up a gorgeous and delicious tequila cocktail in honor of National Tequila Day. Mixologist and Director of Nightlife, Aidan Demarest invites you to try The Ojai Dragonfly, made with dragon fruit and Don Julio Reposado Tequila. Aidan Demarest is sharing his drink recipe for those of you who want to celebrate from home.
- The Ojai Dragonfly Recipe
- 2oz Don Julio Resposado
- 1/2oz Monin Dragon Fruit Syrup
- 1oz lime
- 1/2oz agave nectar
- Shake all ingredients with ice.
- Garnish with dragon fruit wheel and serve.
Fit Girl Club and Downtown Santa Monica, Inc. invite you to give back to yourself with their Self-Care Saturdays. Each Saturday through September 25th, the Third Street Promenade will host free fitness classes varying from: yoga, kickboxing, barre, cardio, hip hop and more. Please bring a yoga mat, towel and water. Free; Saturdays, 10 – 11:00 am; Third Street Promenade at Arizona Ave., Santa Monica, 310.393.8355
The Pasadena Symphony and POPS continues its outdoor Summer concert series with the music of Fleetwood Mac. Conductor Larry Blank and Fleetwood Mac tribute band, Landslide welcome you to a night of classic rock under the stars. $25+; Saturday, 5:30 pm (Grounds open for picnics and dining), 7:30 pm (Show); 301 N. Baldwin Ave., Arcadia, CA 91007 626.793.7172.