Fun Things to Do in Los Angeles
This Weekend (September 22 – 24, 2023)
Pendry Hotels & Resorts, in collaboration with fitness innovator and creator of the Tracy Anderson Method, Tracy Anderson, unveil the Tracy Anderson and Pendry Hotels & Resorts MYMODE fitness tour. For four days, Angelinos, as well as Pendry guests will have a unique chance to join Tracy Anderson’s MYMODE classes—an experience previously exclusive to private Tracy Anderson clients and MYMODE system owners. MYMODE is a comprehensive program and equipment ensemble that encompasses a multidimensional workout platform, custom-tailored staff socket, mat, disk, custom sets of weights, and resistance bands. $80; Friday – Monday, 7:00 am, 8:30 am, and 6:00 pm; Pendry – 8430 Sunset Blvd, West Hollywood, CA 90069; 310.928.9000
Get ready to be serenaded by the musical genius, Ed Sheeran, as he brings his electrifying tour to Los Angeles! Tonight, Sheeran will play the Shrine Auditorium, and Saturday at SoFi. Secure your tickets now for two unforgettable nights of chart-topping hits and soulful melodies. $54+; Friday, 8:15 pm; Shrine Auditorium – 665 W Jefferson Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90007; 213.748.5116 and Saturday, 6:00 pm; SoFi – 1001 Stadium Dr., Inglewood, CA 90301; 424.541.9100
It’s that time again, the Los Angeles Times Food Bowl: Night Market 2023 is here! The Times has curated a three-day event celebrating the best of LA’s diverse and dynamic culinary scene on the Paramount Pictures Studios Backlot. The market opens on Fiesta Friday with the celebration of Latin American flavors. Saturday Night Flavor allows you to sample global cuisine from around the city. The market concludes on Sunday with a delicious Backlot Brunch! Don’t miss the opportunity to mingle with culinary luminaries, including James Beard Award recipients and Michelin Star chefs from both Los Angeles and across the world. $50 – $600; Friday, 8:00 pm, Saturday, 7:00 pm, and Sunday, 12:00 pm; Paramount Pictures Studios Backlot – 5555 Melrose Avenue Los Angeles, 90038
Calling all cocktail lovers, Freehand Los Angeles’ rooftop bar Broken Shaker is serving up tasty cocktails for Negroni Week and Bee’s Knees Week. Various prices; Fridays – Saturdays, 11:00 am – 2:00 am and Sundays – Thursdays, 11:00 am – 12:00 am Freehand Los Angeles – 416 W 8th St, Los Angeles, CA 90014; 213.612.0021
- Negroni Week: Broken Shaker is serving a unique Negroni variation at their cocktail bar through Sunday.
- Bee’s Knees Week: Sip on a refreshing Barr Hill Bee’s Knees cocktail that supports pollinators through 10/1.
Embrace the spooky season in style with our guide to the most thrilling Halloween events in Los Angeles. From haunted mazes and scary thrill rides, to bar crawls, parades, and costume parties, we’ve curated a list of the city’s top attractions that will make Halloween 2023 unforgettable.
The 3rd Annual Mother Earth Market (MEM) is set to take place, and it promises to be a day filled with mindfulness, eco-conscious activities, and community engagement. The Mother Earth Market, co-hosted by SEED People’s Market and located in Anaheim’s historic Packing District, celebrates all things sustainable and eco-friendly. Free entry (workshops require registration); Saturday, 10:00 am – 3:00 pm; Farmers Park – 412 S. Anaheim Blvd, Anaheim, CA 92805
Here’s a glimpse of what attendees can look forward to:
- Community Yoga: Kick off the day with a rejuvenating yoga session led by world-renowned yogi Kumi Yogini at 10:00 am.
- Eco Village: From 11:00 am – 3:00 pm, explore a thoughtfully curated selection of “products with purpose” from over 20 brands. Discover items like Indo Sole’s upcycled tire footwear, Utu’s environmentally friendly skincare, and Generous Herbs’ native seeds.
- Clothing Swap: Embrace sustainable fashion by participating in the clothing swap hosted by popular lifestyle influencer Reyes Baca. Guests can bring up to 10 pieces of clothing to swap.
- Record Trading Post: New to this year’s event is the Black Vintage Vinyl’s record trading post. Leave a record and take a record, fostering a sense of community and music appreciation.
- Neighborhood Cleanups: Join the Green Bird Anaheim neighborhood cleanups at 11:00 am and 2:00 pm to positively impact our community.
- Live Music: Enjoy the good vibrations brought to you by Long Beach reggae singer Ms. B. Royal and resident DJ Crisanto Santa Ana throughout the day.
- Sustainable Presentations: Expand your knowledge with presentations like Hikerkind’s “7 principles that National Park Service Outline” at 11:30 am and Eco Now’s zero-waste living tips at 1:45 pm.
Saturdays are for YeeHaw Yoga at Desert 5 Spot. In partnership with Love Yoga, attendees can expect a relaxing morning spent in their favorite yoga pose with an eclectic country music soundtrack to go with it. Yoga attendees will receive a complimentary round of drinks at KA’TEEN Brunch following Yoga (brunch is an additional cost and is served from 11:30 am – 2:30 pm. Reservations are encouraged). Free with RSVP; Saturdays, 10 – 11:00 am; tommie Hollywood – 6516 Selma Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90028; 323.410.6370
Hotel Dena, Pasadena Los Angeles, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel has officially opened its doors. What better way to celebrate than poolside at the hotel’s newly opened dayclub. DJ Don Jon will be on the turntables spinning as you lounge in the heated pool, or sip cocktails. The 311-room hotel is designed for those with an imaginative spirit, featuring touchpoints of art, dance, music, and culture. Saturday, 3:00 pm; 303 Cordova Street, Pasadena, CA 91101; 626.469.810
Here in LA, booze and brunch go together like peas and carrots. Whether you want Waffles, Eggs, or Avocado Toast, nothing complements your meal like an ice-cold cocktail, especially if that glass is endless. But where can you find these brunches with bottomless cocktails and tasty bites? Don’t stress; I got you. I’m here to give you a list of the best bottomless brunches in Los Angeles. So all you have to do is grab a cute brunch outfit and your date, and get ready to indulge in fun, good food, and drinks. Cheers!
Get ready to unmask the city! In celebration of its milestone 10th season premiere on 9/27, The Masked Singer is excited to reveal Masked Mania, a Los Angeles-wide takeover of 10 select businesses. The one-day-only event will offer show-inspired freebies at some of the city’s most beloved restaurants and shops alongside opportunities to see the show’s iconic costumes up close. The following Los Angeles businesses will take part in Masked Mania, each providing fans with a one-of-a-kind deal to enjoy:
- Los Angeles Ale Works: Known for its fresh, local beer and sunny patio, Los Angeles Ale Works’ tasting room in Culver City will offer a special BOGO deal on their rotating selection of beers. Guests who buy one beer will get the second beer for 10 cents, and be delighted to find Llama from The Masked Singer’s third season on display from 12 – 6:00 pm; 12918 Cerise Ave, Hawthorne, CA 90250; 424.456.4191
- Sweetfin Poké: The chef-driven poké bowl concept’s Santa Monica location will be selling $10 Masked Mania Spicy Tuna Poké Bowls with an extra helping of complimentary Avocado fanned out on top. The Masked Singer’s Avocado from season eight will also be onsite to spread the avocado love from 12 – 6;00 pm; 1146 Abbot Kinney Boulevard, Venice, California, 90291; 310.355.8590
- Trejo’s Donuts: The Masked Singer’s Donut costume, which will make its debut on the show’s tenth season, will be onsite at the pink Hollywood and Highland donut shop to treat fans to a FREE Berry Bomb Donut from 7:00 am – 1:00 pm; 6785 Santa Monica Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90038; 323.462.4600
- Fred Segal: The high-end retailer’s West Hollywood location on Sunset Boulevard will feature a display of Queen of Hearts from season six as the store gives away free “Fred Segal ️The Masked Singer” tote bags. Inside some of these totes, lucky recipients will be treated to Fred Segal gift cards valued at up to $100. Two lucky winners will also be surprised to find a pair of tickets to a live taping of The Masked Singer! 10:00 am – 4:00 pm; 8500 Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90069; 310.432.0560
- Healthy Spot– Pets that visit the Healthy Spot’s location at La Cienega and Santa Monica in West Hollywood will receive a complimentary bag of MIND BODY BOWL Freeze-Dried Packaged Treats and bandana from The Masked Singer. Furry friends will also have a special photo op with Rottweiler from season two. 10:00 am – 4:00 pm; 8525 Santa Monica Blvd, West Hollywood, CA 90069; 310.657.2400
- Kreation– Smoothie lovers who purchase any of the LA juicery’s smoothies at its location on W. 3rd Street will receive a FREE Bouncing Berries Smoothie from The Masked Singer, a kid-friendly, nutrient-packed blend of banana, strawberry, raspberry, blackberry, blueberry, yogurt, oats, green apple, raw honey, and pink himalayan sea salt. Banana from the show’s second season will make a special appearance at the juicery, making Kreation an a-peeling stop for The Masked Singer fans of all ages. 10:00 am – 4:00 pm; 8428 W 3rd St, Los Angeles, CA 90048; 323.782.1777
- Trejo’s Tacos– Danny Trejo’s unforgettable performance as Raccoon on The Masked Singer will be memorialized at his taco shop’s Mid-City location on La Brea. Guests can indulge in a free Raccoon Taco, made with a choice of beef barbacoa, chicken tinga or mushroom asada, and get an up close look at Trejo’s Raccoon costume from season three. 10:00 am – 4:00 pm; 1048 S La Brea Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90019; 323.938.8226
- Hard Rock Café– TMZ and the Hard Rock Café in Hollywood are rolling out the red carpet for pop culture enthusiasts and fans of The Masked Singer alike! Milkshake from the show’s eighth season will be onsite at the legendary restaurant to help welcome guests as they enjoy a FREE Purple Milkshake, with a special surprise for guests on the TMZ Celebrity Tour. 6801 Hollywood Blvd, Suite 105, Los Angeles CA 90028
- goodr Cabana– Soaking up the SoCal sunshine in Venice? Head to goodr’s colorful Cabana to snag a pair of Pineapple Painkillers sunglasses, FREE for the first 500 people! The goodr Cabana will also display season one’s Pineapple, who dons the perfect sunglasses for the space with the personality to match. 11:00 am – 4:00 pm; 1348 Abbot Kinney Blvd, Venice, CA 90291
- Magnolia Bakery – Known for its classic, made-from-scratch desserts, the world-famous bakery on W. 3rd Street will sweeten guests’ Saturdays by giving away FREE Cupcakes swirled with purple buttercream. Cupcake from season six will be onsite for fans to snap a selfie with as they sink their teeth into Magnolia Bakery’s mouthwatering treats. 10:00 am – 4:00 pm; 8389 W 3rd St, Los Angeles, CA 90048
Melanie Wine Bar, West 3rd Street’s neighborhood wine bar, has announced its fall Melanie Talks Wine lineup of intimate, conversational wine tasting classes! Occurring every Saturday, the interactive tasting classes are hosted over complimenting cheese and charcuterie, making it the perfect fall indoor activity. Led by Melanie Wine Bar’s wine director and expert sommelier, Stephen Sherry, Melanie Talks Wine explores the history and wine making methods behind unique and familiar wine varietals from around the globe. Each event within the series features themed wine talk and tasting experiences that focus on specific wine varietals or specific wine regions. Today’s theme is Croatia, Slovenia, Hungary & Bosnia. $75; Saturdays, 4 – 5:00 pm; 8310 West 3rd Street Los Angeles, CA 90048
Angelenos are in for a treat as John Legend returns to the stage with a one-night-only extravaganza at the iconic Hollywood Bowl. An Evening with John Legend promises a stunning night of soulful songs and captivating stories, complete with a full orchestra and gospel choir. $55 – $95; Saturday, 8:00 pm; 2301 N Highland Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90068; 323.850.2000
Newly opened Hotel Dena invites you to start your Sunday with a poolside barre class taught by The Bar Method. And the best part, after class you get to drink mimosas! Free (hotel guests) – $20 (local community); Sunday, 9:30 am; 303 Cordova St, Pasadena, CA 91101; 626.469.8100
Today, Broken Shaker is collaborating with Made to Move again for their Made to Swim 5-year anniversary. Spend Sunday Funday dancing with friends or taking a dip in the pool while DJs Alexis Curshé, Escaflowne, Josh Peace, Akumen, and Andy Oro play all afternoon long. $17.15+; Sunday, 3 -8:00 pm; Freehand Los Angeles – 416 W 8th St, Los Angeles, CA 90014; 213.612.0021
Are you ready for some football?! We’ve got a list of the best LA sports bars and restaurants where you can watch football in Los Angeles.
Discover the latest trends and find your dream wedding inspiration at the California Bridal and Wedding Expo. The Los Angeles Convention Center will be the setting for an unforgettable experience where top wedding vendors and experts come together to help you plan the perfect day of your dreams. Free with Advance Ticket – $10 (door); Sunday, 12 – 5:00 pm; Los Angeles Convention Center – 1201 S. Figueroa St., Los Angeles, CA 213.741.1151
BOA Steakhouse is excited to announce an exclusive tasting menu experience at all BOA Steakhouse locations. Guests can explore the best of Paul Hobbs Winery with Wine Director Guy Sandin. The dinner includes a 6-course tasting menu with an A5 Kagoshima Oscar style, a Chilean Sea Bass & Uni, a hearty Lamb Bolognese Tagliatelle pasta with olives, and ricotta salata. The tasting ends on a sweet note with a decadent sweet and rich Port, made with cherry mousse cherries, sorbet, and chocolate. $295 (Reservations are required); 9/26 (Manhattan Beach) and 9/28 (West Hollywood) locations
(9/26): Chris Carpenter Wine Dinner At Mastro’s Steakhouse Beverly Hills And Mastro’s Ocean Club Los Angeles
Next Tuesday 9/26, Mastro’s Steakhouse Beverly Hills and Mastro’s Ocean Club Los Angeles will host a one-of-a-kind dinner featuring wines crafted by renowned winemaker, Chris Carpenter. For one night only, guests can enjoy a masterfully paired five-course menu featuring the finest Jackson Family Wines, Pan-Seared Scallops, Prime Boneless Ribeye, Cherry Crisp, and more. $375; 9/26, 7:00 pm; Mastro’s Los Angeles and Mastro’s Beverly Hills
Pasadena Magazine is thrilled to announce the debut of its highly anticipated culinary event, the Taste of Pasadena 2023! “The Taste of Pasadena is not merely another event; it is an immersive celebration of culinary excellence, culture, and community,” says Malina Saval, Editor-In-Chief for Pasadena Magazine.“ This event promises an unforgettable evening of delectable experiences, featuring unlimited tastings from top chefs and renowned restaurants spanning the San Gabriel Valley and beyond.” Guests can look forward to a wide array of culinary offerings, handcrafted cocktails, live music, and captivating experiences that will engage and delight every guest. $60 – $100; 10/6, 7 – 9:30 pm; Pasadena Convention Center – 300 E. Green St., Pasadena, CA 91101
The Palm Los Angeles and Beverly Hills present an evening with JUSTIN Vineyards & Winery. On Thursday,10/12, embark on a journey of wine appreciation with knowledgeable experts as they guide you through a four-course menu with perfect pairings of JUSTIN Winery’s award-winning wines. Start with Spiedini (Shrimp Skewers with Merguez Sausage, Red Pepper Feta Sauce) before moving on to Carpaccio (Filet Mignon Topped with Green Peppercorn Aioli, Horseradish Gremolata, Capers, Parmesan Cheese, Micro Basil), and then Cacciucco (Seafood Stew with Black Cod, Shrimp, Clams, Calamari, Garlic Bread). The third course features Porchetta (Tuscan-Style Rolled Pork Roasted for Six Hours and Served with Radicchio Salad, Herb-Roasted Potatoes, Creamed Spinach). Your meal ends with Affogato (Vanilla Gelato Topped with Espresso Soda, Caffè Borghetti Liqueur, Caramelized Walnuts, Semi-Sweet Chocolate Shavings, Whipped Cream). Enjoy! $169; 10/12, 7:00 pm; The Palm Los Angeles and The Palm Beverly Hills
*FOR FUN THINGS TO DO IN LOS ANGELES NEXT WEEK, CHECK BACK ON MONDAY!*