It’s that time again, when we all get together and trash talk as we watch two teams battle it out for the prized Vince Lombardi trophy. But where will you be watching the Super Bowl? Whether you choose to go out or relax and watch from home, So Cal has some of the best spots for you to eat in or grab takeout for the big game.
And in case you were wondering, my business partner/bestie and I may see eye to eye on many things, but when it comes to Sunday’s game, we have VERY different opinions about who is going to win.
Whit’s Pick: 49ers 28, Chiefs 24
Ariel’s Pick: Chiefs 31, 49ers 24
Wear your red and white and cheer on the Chiefs at Jalapeno Pete’s. This Valley sports bar will be serving their usual Mexican inspired menu along with some of your favorite bar food. Seating is first come, first served, so get there early. Sunday, 9 am; 11618 Ventura Blvd, Studio City, CA 91604; 818.579.4264
Get ready to watch your 49ers at the San Francisco Saloon. This neighborhood watering hole is known for its tasty burgers and appetizers. Come on down and support 49ers and drink craft beers, imported and domestic brews and cocktails. Sunday, 11:30 am – 2 am; 11501 W Pico Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90064; 310.478.0152
All-American restaurant Eureka is serving their signature Wings tossed in either firecracker aioli or orange chile glaze for $10. Wash the wings down with one of the craft beers served in a Permanent Beer Handle. $10 and up; Sunday, 1 pm – 11 pm; Various Locations
Kick back and watch the game on The Raymond 1886’s Wisteria Patio complete with a Big Screen TV, Happy Hour drink specials and yummy bites. $7 Craft Cocktails, $7 select Wines by the Glass, and $5 Beer; Sunday, 3:30; 1250 South Fair Oaks Avenue, Pasadena, CA 91105; 626.441.3136
Game day at Via Alloro will be filled with the game on multiple TVs, beer, cocktails, wine and Super Bowl specials like the Via Alloro Burger and Chicken Wings. $12 and up; Sunday, 11:30 am – 10:30 pm; 301 N. Canon Drive, Beverly Hills, CA 90210; 310.275.2900
The Proud Bird will be screening the big game on its HD TVs and projector screens while offering Happy Hour deals and an “All You Can Eat” Pass. BBQ, pizza, sliders, chicken & waffles, wings, hot dogs, nachos are just a few of the items on the Super Bowl menu. $35 ($20 for children 5-12) , $4 Bud Light Draft, $5 craft draft beers, $6 well drinks, $7 wines on tap, Sunday; 11022 Aviation Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90045; 310.670.3093
In honor of the big game, Charcoal Venice will be serving Super Bowl hot dogs: San Francisco 49ers: a spicy bacon wrapped street dog and the Kansas City Chiefs: Kansas City Dog made with sauerkraut , brown mustard, Swiss cheese. Charcoal is also offering a catering package with chicken wings, butternut squash hummus and buttermilk flatbread. Orders can be placed here. $30 per person (four person minimum) and will be available for pick up the day of the game between 1-2 p.m. $6.50 and up for Happy Hour drinks; Sunday 2:30 pm; 425 Washington Blvd. Venice, CA 90292; 310.751. 6794
With over 20 TVs, Baja Cantina is the place to be to watch the big game! Did I mention the BBQ Rib Special? Choose from a half rack of ribs or a BBQ pulled pork rib sandwich and your choice of two sides. They will be hosting a raffle and prizes will also be drawn throughout the night. $15; Sunday, 10 am – 2 am; 311 Washington Blvd, Marina Del Rey, CA 90292; 310.821.2252
Cheer on your favorite team with an ice cold pitcher of beer and specials on wings, cheese sticks and more! If you’re hosting at home, their Tallula’s Taqueria Super Bowl Taco Party package for is available through your favorite delivery app. For more party options, see their full Catering Menu. $115 Taco Party package, $12 pitchers; Sunday, 3:30; 118 Entrada Drive, Santa Monica, CA 90402; 310.526.0027
Come to Chez Jay and sit at the bar to view the big game. Come for lunch and stay for dinner as their traditional lunch and dinner menus will be served. Sunday, 9 am – 10 pm; 1657 Ocean Ave, Santa Monica, CA 90401; 310.395.1741
Sit poolside and cheer on your favorite team at Hotel Shangri- La’s Super Bowl viewing party as you munch on sliders, nachos wings and many more. This spot is great for large parties who want to watch the game in style from your own cabana! Reservations required. $55 entrance fee, $500/per group of five people for cabana rental (includes bottle service with mixers, and a private flat-screen TV), please email email@example.com, $20 bucket of beers ; Sunday 1 pm – 7 pm; 1301 Ocean Avenue, Santa Monica, CA 90401
Georgia’s Restaurant is serving the Tailgate Highlight Special. Choose from an 8 piece fried chicken bucket, two sides, 10 pulled pork sliders and a full rack of ribs. $20 and up; Sunday, 9 am – 6 pm; 4101 McGowen St, Suite 155, Long Beach, CA 92630; 562.420.5637
The Original Farmers Market is your one-stop shop for your at-home tailgate/viewing party or relaxed spot to post up with a cold beer. Sunday, 10 am – 7 pm; 6333 W.3rd St.Los Angeles, CA 90036; 323.933.9211
- Marconda’s Meats: Get your grill ready and grab some fresh meat at this family-owned and operated meat and poultry.
- Huntington Meats & Sausages: This butcher shop offers traditional roasts, steaks, chops, ground beef and much more, perfect for game day grilling.
- Bryan’s Pit Barbecue: From Memphis dry rub ribs to tender brisket, Bryan’s serves up barbecue classics with all the fixin’s – a perfect choice for Super Bowl Sunday.
- Deano’s Gourmet Pizza: This pizza joint serves high quality, nutritious pizza with healthy options like gluten free crust and vegan cheese!
- Fritzi Coop: Get ready to sink your teeth into buttermilk-brined fried chicken with sides like tots, curly fries and Southern style slaw.
- Nonna’s Empanadas: Nonna’s variety of empanada’s is perfect for game day. Make sure to try the delicious desserts.
- Pampas Grill: Pampas BBQ meats are the perfect addition to your Super Bowl Party!
- Papa Jake’s Sub Shop: These yummy subs will make you the favorite at any Super Bowl party. Choices include: cheesesteak, chicken parm, and hot or cold vegetarian subs.
- E.B.’s Beer & Wine and Bar 326: These chill, laid back bars offer 24+ locally crafted brews on draft, plus the best in local wines. It’s the perfect place to cheer on your favorite team.