Los Angeles is known for its weather, celebrities, Hollywood history, making movie magic, and these days, street art. Visitors may come to Los Angeles for the sunshine and beaches, but more and more, people are checking out the art that is right outside your door. From street art tours to hiring artists to design store fronts, street art is the new form of art and it’s making Los Angeles even more beautiful than it already is.
One way to enjoy Los Angeles street art is by joining the Downtown LA Graffiti/Mural Tour. During the tour, you will visit the Arts District in DTLA, which is filled with street art. Your guide, who are DTLA muralists and artists, will teach you the history of the area and its art and give you special access to areas that you normally wouldn’t get to see. You may even get to watch one of the street artists at work.
Looking to check out street art on your own? Here are some great spots to visit in the city of angels:
- “Technicolor Ooze” by Jen Stark at Platform, 8840 Washington Blvd.
- “Love Wall” by Curtis Kulig at Smashbox Studios, 8549 Higuera St.
- Polka dot wall by The Most Famous Artist at The Springs, 608 Mateo St.
- Art Share building mural by Insa at 801 E 4th Pl.
- Mondrian wall at Artist & Craftsman Supply, 1660 S La Cienega Blvd.
- Mural made famous by Elliott Smith’s Figure 8 album cover at Solutions!, 4334 W Sunset Blvd.
- Look Into My Eyes” by D*Face at The Line Hotel, 3515 Wilshire Blvd.
- “Just In Case” by Bumblebee at Majestic Flowers, 800 N Fairfax Ave.
- “Angel Wings” by Colette Miller at St. Regis Wine & Liquor, 8401 W 3rd St.
- 4,300-square-foot mural by Kobra at LGBT Youth Center & Annex, 1220 N Highland Ave.
You can also create your own tour with the help of LA Street Art Gallery, which has been documenting Los Angeles’ street art since 2012. They provide hundreds of images in their online gallery and allow you to discover Los Angeles and the street art it has to offer.
Whether you are joining an organized tour, creating your own tour, searching Los Angeles for the one piece that spoke to you, or just happen upon a beautiful mural while visiting, Los Angeles is filled with unique art all over the city. If you have had an inkling to be part of the street art action and looking to do more than just admire from afar, visit the best graffiti shop for all the supplies you need to begin your career or dabble in a hobby. Los Angeles is a great city to visit for street art and you never know what will be popping up next!